Free Shipping On £60+ Orders
Based On 1,595 Real Reviews
World’s Largest Range Of PCOS-Tailored Vitamins
Supplements For Insulin Resistance
Address a number of insulin-related symptoms with our affordable, evidence-backed supplements.
What is insulin resistance?
Insulin resistance is an underlying condition that leads to high insulin levels, which triggers the ovaries to over-produce androgen hormones such as testosterone. In PCOS, high testosterone levels lead to symptoms such as hair loss, facial and body hair growth, irregular periods, fertility struggles, and acne.
How do supplements help insulin resistance?
Supplements may reduce insulin resistance by regulating blood sugar levels, supporting glucose metabolism, and improving insulin sensitivity. Remember, not all supplements will have the same mechanism and they may not work the same (or at all) in those with PCOS.
What are the best supplements for insulin resistance?
Based on the latest scientific evidence, which is ever-changing:
• Inositol: May improve insulin sensitivity and healthy blood sugar levels.
• Chromium: Essential for glucose metabolism, may improve insulin sensitivity
• Magnesium: Plays a role in glucose metabolism and insulin signalling
• Berberine: A natural compound found in certain plants, may improve glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity
• N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): May improve insulin sensitivity.
What symptoms can they potentially address in PCOS?
• Insulin resistance
• Irregular periods
• Fatigue/low energy
• Sugar cravings
• Facial hair growth
• Weight gain.